This is a favourite dessert! I don't eat cakes often, but when I get the desire, this is the recipe I turn to... also wonderful mid afternoon with a latte or cup of tea. Please let us know how you enjoyed the cake in our Comments! We love to hear from you.
- 3 cups organic white flour (we use King Arthur, a relative's brand)
- 6 tablespoons dry Cocoa powder ( we use Droste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup oil
- 2 cups water
- Preheat the oven to 350 and position the rack to the centre of the oven.
- Butter and flour 2 12" circle pans and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda and sugar.
- Add the vinegar, vanilla, oil and water and stir well to blend.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans and smooth.
- Place pans into the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Cut cake into portions and enjoy!!